Inasmuch as it has come to our attention that Julie Rowe has declared that she has received revelation and inspiration for the preparation of the end of times let us respond with a solid voice that she is not genuinely gifted with supernatural powers of foresight.
The tendency of any group, when a prophecy fails, is to become more entrenched in belief. This has been true of individuals who believed aliens were going to pick them up, of individuals who believed that Gold was going to be recalled and they should invest in a mine that has no gold in it, of people who believed in a woman whose daughter has confirmed she was certifiably crazy and not translated.
As such we write this statement of disbelief to counter the entrenching and to illustrated that the non-believer is, in fact, more prophetic that the believer in Julie Rowe. She has stated several verifiable positions on the future all of which believers are likely to claim occurred by “moving the goalposts” or claiming that minor events fulfilled what were major claims by Ms. Rowe.
We claim the following will not happen as Ms. Rowe claimed it would happen in Rexberg, Idaho on July 25, 2015
- We Claim that individuals will not be healed 100%. In fact we claim that no amputee has been healed and that will continue into the foreseeable future without medical science and prosthetic limbs (Which are hardly being healed 100%)
- We claim that no one will see people raised from the dead. This claim is verifiable and would instantly be news on every news network if verified. CPR and other techniques verified through science are not what was discussed here, but priesthood/divine power and anyone recovering from death through any other technique should not be seen as a successful measure
- We claim that déjà vu is NOT “us seeing these things before”. If that were true we would expect children (closer to heaven and more innocent) to experience it more, and teenagers, in their rebellious stage, to experience it less often. Instead the opposite is true.
- We clearly state that There are not “bonds, curses, chains being broken like Cain that are being broken and will be broken until final battle when we will be healed.” Um. wait, what does that even mean? When did Cain get bonds broken?
- We claim there will not be an economic disaster in September. Indeed, the Federal Reserve has all but stated they will raise interest rates in September, and that will impact the stock market, but probably less than the Greek debt situation or the Chinese Stock Market close did in July. As such we think that the impact in September will be a failed prophesy (or why didn’t God tell her about the bigger impact 2 months previous). We say this to illustrate that a sound financial understanding is a better market predictor than prophesy
- We sustain that no “earth shattering on the Wasatch front” will occur from September to October of 2015. Indeed, there may be an earthquake, but the impact to humans/size will not be sufficient to warrant a prediction and dozens of earthquakes of a similar impact will be in the record as Seismic activity is constantly happening at a depth that does not impact humans.
- We state clearly that “foreign troops will NOT hit soil in LA” in any kind of timeframe or explanation that would link it to the September-October events previously stated, which were implied in Ms. Rowe’s talk. We know that the believer will be tempted to find ANY boots on the ground from ANY country as evidence of this being fulfilled, be we declare with solemn voice that Ms. Rowe implied an invasion clearly with her words and we are certain no invasion is immediately forthcoming.
- We firmly state that Denver is not going to be the next capital of the United States. If any city becomes another capital, regardless of world events, Ms. Rowe’s claims are defeated. We know the temptation for the believer is to push this “Capital switch” into the future as some event, but we seriously state that there will be several events more relevant to listeners that are not foreseen (Like 9/11) than a capital switch and call into question any revelation that misses such key events and yet specifically states such a thing so far into the future that believers are relatively unaffected by it.
- We firmly state that there are not “more than 4 translated beings on the earth right now.” We ask anyone who believes this to produce verifiable evidence of any translated being. We question the ineffectiveness of translated beings at any of the following: Protecting the prophet from Mark Hoffman’s bombs, Informing the prophet about Mark Hoffman’s deception, Protecting Joseph Smith in Carthage Jail, Coming to Brigham Young’s aid during the Utah War, Helping to talk down the Morresite rebellion, Helping to find Elizabeth Smart who was being raped by a self-proclaimed prophet in between riding around downtown Salt Lake City, etc. We declare that any Translated beings who are so perfect, and yet so ineffectual at influencing current events should not be worth mentioning.
- We confidently state that theire will be no “Earth quake will split the country down the middle like parting of Red Sea to keep enemies from getting to Zion”. Let this also not be put forward so far into the future as to be irrelevant while other more critical events are missed.
- We state with conviction that the recent ruling regarding gender attraction (That is to say, Gay Marriage) will not be a turning point. It will be a non-issue as far as the majority of the country, and seen as old bigotry by the next generation. Indeed, we prophesy that within 10 years a married gay man will bless the sacrament at an LDS ward.
- We question the claim “A lot of children will be orphaned.” We believe that it is unlikely that Orphan rates will climb above say, that during pioneer times, which would be a standard for “a lot”. We state that orphan rates will not climb above those in Syria for the Unted States in the next 10 years.
- We feel comfortable stating that electricity is here to stay and that it will not fail us. The plethora and wealth of technology may not always continue as we currently enjoy; but this is not the same as stating that electricity will fail. We doubt that greatly.
- We demand that the word “plague” is too vague and too easily filled by a plethora of possibilities to be called a “win” for any prophet. The standard for validation must be higher than “Someone, somewhere gets sick”.
- We also reject the further claims made in Seattle in January 2015
- Dragons are not literal creatures. None will be released.
- Weapons are not crafted spiritually (such as arrows), or else Satan would have released a spiritual nuclear event wiping out spiritual beings.
- The United States will not be a 3rd world country any time soon
- Seattle will not be a “hot spot” for man-made disasters. Individuals will find other areas (such as Detroit) that have far more man-made disaster per year than Seattle. (Other cities mentioned that will have massive destruction are NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco)
- We clearly state that the following Foreign troops: Russians, Chinese, North Koreans, mass fleets of Russians will NOT come through Alaska, Canada, and the Pacific Northwest.
- Individuals in Washington will not arrive to Idaho in rags
- Many missiles will not be launched launched at us, and we laugh at the idea that many of them will be divinely redirected. We believe that the missile systems operators will find man-made events if any missiles misfire (which is a possibility).
- We firmly state that there will be no literal forcefield deflecting missiles.
False belief is not harmless. It was devastating for those who believed a comet would signal the end times or that they should follow a prophet no matter what, or that one should sell one’s property in preparation for the end of the world. We ask that general authorities, Stake leaders and bishops warn members against false prophets and that while people who taught love such as John Dehlin were excommunicated, apocalyptic end-of-the-world false prophets should be at least treated to a similar disciplinary council.
The list of failed prophesies of the end of the world is long and we ask individuals ot consider Ms. Rowe’s voice as one more in the long list of those who drive an empty frenzy, rather than a true voice of warning.